Other ear training software, anyone?

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Bojan
Ear training grand master

Other ear training software, anyone?

Post by Bojan » Mar 01, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi everyone, I wander if anyone of you guys uses some ear training software other then EarMaster, and if so, what do you think of it in comparison with EarMaster?
Official Serbian translator

Bojan

other ear training software

Post by Bojan » Mar 01, 2007 3:31 pm

I find EarMaster to be better then most other ear training software. EarMaster should look what kind of ideas other program use and try to compete with that, that would make him much better.

Post by Guest » Mar 06, 2007 12:08 pm

try a Syberius Auralia stuff....search in google..

Bojan

Other ear training software

Post by Bojan » Mar 07, 2007 12:56 pm

I already know about Aurelia, it’s also great, but I wanted to know about your experience with other ear training software, which function EarMaster doesn’t have, and what new features should be added to it in the next version? The point of all this is comparing EarMaster with other programs, to make to best of it - other software has some cool features, so was does EarMaster do to compete with them?

james_the_composer
Ear training rookie

Post by james_the_composer » Mar 29, 2007 9:01 pm

www.relativepitch.com has the best course I know of. Take it WITH this program for help, finishing each CD one at a time, and you will learn the language of music and be able to do whatever it is that you want to do in music (at least much better).
Ear Training, UCLA

Waigin

Post by Waigin » Apr 02, 2007 9:35 am

I tried some others, I don't remember the name and nothing good compare to earmaster

Bojan

other ear trainers

Post by Bojan » Apr 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Well, there is actually one thing (or more) EarMaster should consider adding to its ear trainer - specific rhythmic exercises, such as practicing rhythms that are characteristic for Latin America> rumba, samba, cha-cha, and similar. It only has Jazz tutor, which isn't enough for advanced musicians.

Andreth
Ear training freshman

Post by Andreth » Apr 03, 2007 1:20 am

I've been using the Relative Pitch Monstercourse from aruffo.com/eartraining for a few months now and I really like it because it's based on mp3 files. It helps because I can have the mp3s just playing in the background and I'll be identifying intervals while I do something else, like right now I have it playing in the background while typing this. However it only has training for harmonic , ascending, descending intervals, scale degrees and singing counterparts for those. And because of that Earmaster has it beat for chord/rhythm etc. training. Though I'd still like to find some recording-based eartraining program that deals with chord identification and chord progressions.