EarMaster Wishlist thread

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Gsep
Ear training freshman

Re: EarMaster Wishlist thread

Post by Gsep » Aug 28, 2019 4:08 am

I have problem with my program it just come up blank, I cannot get the program working.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Aug 29, 2019 4:16 am

Hi

Please contact support@earmaster.com by email and add a screenshot showing the problem as well as a description of your computer setup so that we may help you with this.

Thank you
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

TheBroJoe
Ear training freshman

Post by TheBroJoe » Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am

Hello everybody!

So, I'm enjoying a lot this software thanks to a monthly subscription.
But there is only one thing that bothers me, the input lag.
I've already read all the threads and my configuration is "optimal" but the only thing that will do better than this is an ASIO implementation.

So my "wishlist" entry would be:
ASIO implementation PLEASE! So we can really use the midi keyboard on "live" with sound!

Thank you very much four your software,

Joel.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jan 13, 2021 3:09 am

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your request. It is noted and forwarded to the dev team.

heinzgilbert
Ear training rookie

Post by heinzgilbert » Apr 27, 2021 3:53 am

TheBroJoe wrote:
Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am
Hello everybody!

So, I'm enjoying a lot this software thanks to a monthly subscription.
But there is only one thing that bothers me, the input lag.
I've already read all the threads and my configuration is "optimal" but the only thing that will do better than this is an ASIO implementation.

So my "wishlist" entry would be:
ASIO implementation PLEASE! So we can really use the midi keyboard on "live" with sound!

Thank you very much four your software,

Joel.
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS IMPLIMENTED! Right now there is a lot of latency with my earmaster and my midi device and I could not use my audio interface asio to help this and reduce the buffer size.

heinzgilbert
Ear training rookie

Chord Progression Training

Post by heinzgilbert » Apr 27, 2021 4:07 am

Hi EarMaster team. I really like your melody sing back training specially that I could use it and make it "melody play back" with my midi instrument. Can we have a similar exercise but with chord progressions played in real time? Like a chord progression play back exercise. It would be really great and functional since most of the gig musician develop this skill and play along with everyone in real time.

Sincerely,
Heinz

andrevaz
Ear training freshman

Post by andrevaz » Jan 07, 2022 2:48 pm

alex.fragiskatos wrote:
Aug 08, 2019 1:01 pm
I just started using EarMaster this year as an educator and do like it so far. However, I do have some suggestions for the future that I did email them, but I thought I would post them in this thread too. Maybe some of these are options already and I have not figured them out. Anyways, I hope others would find these useful too.

1. More time signature options for melodic dictation and sight singing.
2. More melodic options for melodic dictation and sight singing, i.e. leaps only in the tonic triad, leaps only in the tonic triad and dominant 7th chord, etc.
3. The ability to choose the starting pitch for melodic dictation and sight singing lessons.
4. The ability to have multiple time signatures in any given lesson.
5. Proper voice leading playback in Chord Progressions for all progressions (as opposed to planing blocked chords).
6. The addition of a 4-part SATB harmonic dictation lesson, featuring proper voice leading, which asks the student to provide a chordal/roman numeral analysis. It should also have the option to transcribe any combination of the four voices.
Suggestion number 1 would be nice indeed. A great and important part of Brazilian music is typically written with 2/4 time signature, which cannot be selected even in the customized exercises section. It would also be nice if rests and ties were present in these exercises (melodic dictation and sight-singing).

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jan 10, 2022 1:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, those have a very high priority on our to-do list.

raquelcruzjazz
Ear training buff

Post by raquelcruzjazz » May 16, 2022 8:21 am

Theres really so much.
*~New Features~*
-Chord voicing category (including quartals, drop, rootless, ect)
-Bring Articulation/Dynamic into the Rhythm Section
-Dual voice melodic dictation
-In the melodic section of standard, they should have more realistic lines and by the categories of (first 3, 5 and 7 notes as well as arpeggios), as well as the custom. Having a randomized is cooler for the custom section but in a lesson you want more traditional sounding things,
-In scale Identification, there should also be (whether standard or just custom alone) the options to do scales in intervals, such as 3rds,4ths ect
-Chord Progression sections should use better voicings
-Custom Chord Progessions should allow you to create, or import created chords though chord identification
-If not include more chords with extentions (to avoid things like Maj7b5 replacing a Maj7#11

*~Cool Features, But not at top of list.*~
-In the jazz melody section, they should include more licks (besides minor pentatonic) as well as things like walking bass

*~Common Issues~*
-I notice a great deal of issues when importing xml files even when I prepare it perfectly for earmaster through a scoring app.
-Another one is the rhythym/melodic detection has big latency issues even with an interface. May I suggest making an x64?
-The Jazz Lessons should kind of ease you in - rather than having things in chord identification to do ascending and harmonic mixed on chord to scale voicings almost instantly.

*~Things to Bring Back~*
-Bring back the accessibilites of earmaster 5 and 6.
-Be able to skip through lessons
-Be able to import sound fonts

I have many more, but just wanted to brief my top ideas.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 17, 2022 12:27 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions. Most of your requests are actually on our to-do for the next version, so I can confirm that they will be addressed very soon.

You write "Bring back the accessibilities of earmaster 5 and 6". What do you mean exactly by accessibilities in this regard?

Notice that you can browse lessons via the home screen, by pressing/clicking the current lesson title at the bottom of the Workshop list. Or were you referring to the possibility to move forth/back between lessons in the lesson introduction screen?

dastez00
Ear training apprentice

Post by dastez00 » Sep 25, 2022 3:37 am

Hello, I've been a fan and a subscriber of EarMaster for a few months but I'm getting to the point where it's missing some features for my ear to keep developing. My teacher and I like to do a lot of the training based on singing because it seems to progress me best but unfortunately there's only two modes where it's possible (interval and melodic). I'd love to be able to practice singing chords, scales, inversions. I supplement with other software for now but I'd rather commit mentally and financially to using just one app.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 26, 2022 1:09 am

Hi,
You can actually already do that. Simply open the Exercise Options panel at the right of the screen and select "Microphone" as "lower instrument". Then you will be able to sing your answers when working with chords, inversions, and scales.

Make sure to check out the RCM Voice course as well (if it's not visible in the home screen, enable it in EarMaster's Preferences, under "Other options"). That course includes a lot of scale singing lessons and other vocal exercises.

dastez00
Ear training apprentice

Post by dastez00 » Sep 27, 2022 4:40 am

What the hell, that's amazing! It's like a whole new app with the app, thanks so much! I still need to check out RCM Voice course, so that might be another pointless suggestion but since I already posted - I'd love to have even more options for vocal-oriented exercises like singing chord/inversion/scale with just a tonic as a prompt (so it's not repeating a melody), singing a missing tone from a chord (like the prompt is Emaj7 but the tones being played are only 1, 5, 7 you need to sing the missing third) or just singing a given tone from a complete chord, singing bass from a chord progression.
Would be great if you could also grade how much off the tone was and maybe even let us configure how strict should the system be for an answer to be accepted as correct. Those are much less fundamental and me-specific suggestions though. Your original response gives me more than enough options for the time being and hopefully there's another version on the horizon which, knowing how far the technology and the industry have gone, will be even more amazing that the current one.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 27, 2022 7:40 am

Several of the activities you mention are on our roadmap, so look out for the future developments in EarMaster ;)

raquelcruzjazz
Ear training buff

Post by raquelcruzjazz » Jul 09, 2023 5:09 pm

So it would be cool to have an arpeggio option on the melodic dictation/sight reading/dictation excersises. Like you can choose which chord options too like I, V; I, IV, V; I ii V, diatonic match, ect. Teoria has this same option but the problem is, you can't build up to it measure by measure. It would also be cool to have the option of playing the root of chord or chord undearneat each measure of the arpeggion.