Search found 10 matches

by Canucki
Jun 03, 2014 6:50 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Update Screwed Me
Replies: 2
Views: 6192

Re: Update Screwed Me

Actually I figured the first problem out - although it is really very confusing. There is one tab called Answer input - which says you can choose Soflege keyboard. But under the tab called "exercise settings" there is a another tab called "note naming" which strangely affects the...
by Canucki
Jun 03, 2014 6:38 am
Topic: Update Screwed Me
Views: 6192

Update Screwed Me

The last update has almost made your program useless to me. I had set it up so that it would test for all random intervals (this itself was difficult to figure out) starting from randomly generated roots. The answers were given as any Jazz musician would understand - major second, minor seventh etc....
by Canucki
Apr 24, 2014 8:08 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Turn off Statistics Score?
Views: 6669

Re: Turn off Statistics Score?

Thanks for the reply,
I think although I guess I may be the only person who has suggested the possibility of being able to turn statistic taking off - I would guess that many would appreciate it. And I suspect it wouldn't be that hard to impliment.

Thanks again,

Jarl
by Canucki
Apr 20, 2014 9:14 am
Topic: Melodic Dictation Bug - Key Signaure Semi-tone OFF
Replies: 1
Views: 4727

Melodic Dictation Bug - Key Signaure Semi-tone OFF

Hello This bug just cropped up since recently - I noticed it today. For example: the key signature will say that its in Eb major - but then when you hover your pointer "hand" over the piano an Eb will be shown to be a "b2". I haven't checked absolutely but it seems to happen in a...
by Canucki
Apr 19, 2014 8:55 am
Topic: Turn off Statistics Score?
Views: 6669

Turn off Statistics Score?

Hello all, I use Earmaster somewhat regularly to brush up on my ear training - I am a professional musician and composer. In general I find the program useful (although conspicuously lacking in some simple exercises concerning key centres). But one thing I really don't like about it - is the constan...
by Canucki
Oct 15, 2013 1:30 pm
Topic: How To Use As Functional Pitch Ear Trainer
Replies: 10
Views: 19395

Re: How To Use As Functional Pitch Ear Trainer

And one more thing. When using as per last missive - ear trainer just randomly applies key signatures. 5 sharps will have a cadence in Bb or whatever. Strange.

Jarl
by Canucki
Oct 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Ok So there is a way to use Melodic Diction activity to produce however many random chromatic tones after a classical I IV V I cadence. As per the instructions above but in Activity Set Up choose all the pitches in a chromatic scale - ie all pitches. And then under the options choose play cadence - ...
by Canucki
Oct 14, 2013 8:42 am

Thankyou Quentin, And it works for everything except if I set the scale to Chromatic - and then Earmaster won't let me chose a cadence ( I suppose it doesn't know whether it was major or minor. It works on all the other scales I think. Also it would be nice to have jazz cadences here (II V I - minor...
by Canucki
Oct 13, 2013 11:43 am

How To Use As Functional Pitch Ear Trainer

I want to use Ear Master not to recognize intervals put pitch function. I.E. I want it to play a cadence (minor or major) and then play a pitch (one of the 12 tones) so that I understand it (the pitch) in relation to the key centre. Really its the only reason why I want to train my ears. Is there an...
by Canucki
Mar 02, 2013 8:48 am
Topic: Mistake in the minor bebop scale
Views: 6814

Really what is usually called the jazz minor is spelled "1 2 b3 4 5 #5 6 7". The bebop mixo scale or whatever you want to call it can be played over the II but it is not a separate scale. Never ever heard it called the minor bebop scale or whatever.