Problems with Cloud

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

georgelam
Ear training apprentice

Problems with Cloud

Post by georgelam » Mar 10, 2016 9:54 am

Hello Quentin et al,

I've been having different issues with copies of EarMaster Cloud installed on Macs, both at home and at school. I now have three copies that are unusable. Some of the errors:

- Mac OSX 10.8.5: When I start the app, it doesn't ask me for my login info anymore, but automatically shows the course content and allows me to edit my courses. However, when I try to do the exercises I get an Access Violation error.

- Mac OSX Mavericks and OSX Yosemite: I get an "index out of bounds" error whenever I open the program on these two computers.

Also, intermittently on the students' computers (all OSX Yosemite) they get an intermittent "index out of bounds" error as well.

I've tried to use AppCleaner to delete the program and re-install the latest version, but nothing has helped so far. Is there a way I can try to completely uninstall the program (maybe in Terminal?) and re-install it from scratch? or is there something else I can do?

Thank you,

George

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Problems with Cloud

Post by Quentin » Mar 11, 2016 7:34 am

Hello George,

If you are logging in with multiple users on the same computers, and are using the FILE--> USER PROPERTIES window to enter your Cloud credentials, then that is the reason why you get these errors. That window was indeed made to connect one single Cloud user account with the current local OSX user account. Each time a new Cloud user is logging in that way, the data of the local user is being overwritten or modified and that might produce conflicts and errors.

If you delete the local data, then re-install the software, and finally activate the Cloud login option so that multiple users can login on the same computers, things should be solved. Please follow these steps:

1. Find the folder Users\Shared\EarMaster\ and delete it. Then delete the EarMaster application.
2. Re-install EarMaster. You can simply get the trial version available at http://www.earmaster.com/downloads/trial-versions.html to get the latest update.
3. When starting EarMaster for the first time on each computer, it should ask you to activate your copy. Select the last option "Use EarMaster with Multiple Users" and fill out the School Account ID field with the School ID of your EarMaster Cloud account. This will make sure that each time you start the software, a EM Cloud login window is displayed with the School ID pre-filled.

If at some point the login disappears, or if you want to activate it on a computer that already has EarMaster, go to the File menu and click on "EarMaster Login...".

Let's hope it fixes everything. :)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -