Can I change the names of the notes

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

amvjs
Ear training enthusiast

Can I change the names of the notes

Post by amvjs » Oct 13, 2006 3:10 am

My second question is : Can I in any way change the names of the notes that are shown on the screen.
I am a musical teacher for children and adults in Belgium(dutch language)
We use the names do, re, mi, fa, SOL not so , la , SI not ti .
It is meanly for the children that I would like to change it.
Our school has a school licence for Earmaster( dutch version)

Can I in any way do this myself?

Thank you (please excuse my bad english writng)

Waigin
Ear training grand master

Post by Waigin » Oct 14, 2006 11:42 am

That's the way we write them in French. You can't change them, sorry, unless you put it in French

amvjs
Ear training enthusiast

change names of notes

Post by amvjs » Oct 15, 2006 4:27 am

Thank you !

amvjs

Post by Guest » Oct 15, 2006 9:34 am

Yes you can, look into your EarMaster installation directory, open the file for the language you are using, look for the notes names section, and put there whatever you want.

Waigin

Post by Waigin » Oct 15, 2006 11:21 am

Of course, that way it's possible but it's not the software that allow it. You can destroy something if you don't know what are you doing

Post by Guest » Oct 15, 2006 11:47 am

Waigin wrote:Of course, that way it's possible but it's not the software that allow it. You can destroy something if you don't know what are you doing
You wont' harm anything, in fact that's the way translations are made, just changing the text. If you open one of those files, you would find the following information about how to modify it:

Translation info:
; - Do not translate lines beginning with ; (like this line)
; - Some lines contains %s or %d This is replaced with a text or number by EarMaster
; - Some lines contains html tags please keep them so the tags are around the corresponding translated words
; html tags are: <b></b> around bold text, <i></i> around italic text, <u></u>around underlined text
; <br> means linebreak, <p> means double linebreak and <link></link> is around a www link
; - For text in menus: & is placed before the shortcut letter that should be underlined

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Oct 17, 2006 7:36 am

We also wrote about this in the EarMaster FAQ. Be careful when you edit the file. Use the Windows Notepad editor and make sure "Word wrap" is disabled.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

Waigin

Post by Waigin » Oct 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Waigin wrote:Of course, that way it's possible but it's not the software that allow it. You can destroy something if you don't know what are you doing
You wont' harm anything, in fact that's the way translations are made, just changing the text. If you open one of those files, you would find the following information about how to modify it:

Translation info:
; - Do not translate lines beginning with ; (like this line)
; - Some lines contains %s or %d This is replaced with a text or number by EarMaster
; - Some lines contains html tags please keep them so the tags are around the corresponding translated words
; html tags are: <b></b> around bold text, <i></i> around italic text, <u></u>around underlined text
; <br> means linebreak, <p> means double linebreak and <link></link> is around a www link
; - For text in menus: & is placed before the shortcut letter that should be underlined
I know that because I study computer and I used to work in that field. But People who doesn't know a lot about it can harm it. With the FAQ and the info that you give, he should be able to do it without any trouble