Search found 4 matches

by gregmac
Sep 26, 2013 7:22 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Keyboard entry problems- Space won't select answer
Replies: 2
Views: 5928

Re: Keyboard entry problems- Space won't select answer

I'm hoping this will get fixed. I just bought earmaster so I guess there hasn't been an update yet? Also another suggestion so as navigation isn't required by arrows and enter. Could a key be assigned to each answer. eg progression 1 = 1 on the keyboard, progression 2 = 2 on the keyboard. If the num...
by gregmac
Jun 07, 2011 4:28 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: odd chord nomenclature "m7b5maj7th"
Replies: 5
Views: 9559

Interesting, I sure he is an expert. Just to my memory and all the study I've done, this is not a standard way of naming a chord. As far as I can see the chord name min,maj7b5 falls outside of that (versus dim,maj7). It may well be derived from another scale aside from major, melodic and harmonic mi...
by gregmac
Jun 07, 2011 5:58 am

Actually you are probably right but even so it' still pretty odd nomenclature. I would be interested to know is there a parent scale for that chord and which theory book/school of music/university etc the name was used in?
by gregmac
Jun 05, 2011 1:45 am

odd chord nomenclature "m7b5maj7th"

Has anybody actually ever seen any reference anywhere else in jazz literature for the chord named minor7b5maj7th that comes up in the earmaster jazz tutor for chord recognition? As far as I know there is know such chord. It should probably just be a diminished triad with a major7th which is a fairly...