Search found 5 matches

by TimTheTenor
Dec 31, 2021 5:10 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Purpose of sharp and flat symbols in Scale Identification
Replies: 1
Views: 2761

Purpose of sharp and flat symbols in Scale Identification

Sorry about all the questions. I hope they might be helpful to other users. Just to be clear, I'm very happy with EarMaster! Just bought it a couple of days ago. It would be a bargain at two or three times the price! The user interface is very good. Mostly easy and intuitive. I'm on the first couple...
by TimTheTenor
Dec 29, 2021 10:47 pm
Topic: Melodic sight singing - another problem solved
Views: 1827

Melodic sight singing - another problem solved

I noticed when using Melodic Sight Singing, sometimes the recording would start before I sang the first note. Frustration! I thought it might be a bug. I eventually realized it only happened when the fan for my central heating was running, and the mic was pointed toward the vent in the ceiling. It i...
by TimTheTenor
Dec 29, 2021 10:40 pm
Topic: Problem solved! Melodic Sight Singing
Replies: 3
Views: 2539

Re: Problem solved! Melodic Sight Singing

We would like to dig deeper into this. Could you please end us a recording of your voice singing the same syllables at the same pace using the same mic? Thanks, Quentin, I appreciate your offer. Now that I know it ought to work, I'll try adjusting the mic, mic placement, etc. If I have more frustra...
by TimTheTenor
Dec 26, 2021 9:16 pm
Topic: Problem solved! Melodic Sight Singing
Replies: 3
Views: 2539

Problem solved! Melodic Sight Singing

I was trying to sing my answers in solfege, like Do Re Do. No matter what I did, my answers were scored "incorrect." I got awfully discouraged. I realized that singing different solfege syllables might make it too hard for the software and the CPU to calculate the pitches and to compare th...
by TimTheTenor
Dec 26, 2021 8:47 pm
Topic: Melodic Sight Singing
Views: 1534

Melodic Sight Singing

Five questions: 1-Is there some way to adjust the precision required to get a correct answer? If not, how much precision is required for a correct answer? (I'm singing my answers.) 2-If I sing an answer an octave too high or low, but otherwise correct, is it still a correct answer? 3-I know that a g...