Search found 141 matches

by Niclas
Nov 09, 2015 5:58 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Earmaster in an Apple Tablet
Replies: 1
Views: 5402

Re: Earmaster in an Apple Tablet

Hi there We are actually developing an iPad app at the moment, which is coming along very nicely. However you probably won't be able to use your EarMaster 4 license on it. How the licensing is going to work is not clear yet. It depends a lot on what is possible through the app store. Here you can re...
by Niclas
Sep 15, 2015 4:13 am
Topic: Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?
Views: 5660

Re: Can a user of EarMaster 5 enroll in my cloud class?

Hi Liz First of all, I apologize for the late reply. I had to run a few tests on this. It should be possible for you to enroll him, when he uses his EarMaster pro 6 license (it won't work with his EarMaster 5). You need to create a cloud user for him in your class. The difference here from your othe...
by Niclas
Sep 07, 2015 4:05 am
Topic: New license
Views: 5678

Re: New license

Hi Your EarMaster pro 5 license is not supposed to work for EarMaster pro 6, since it is a different program, and it requires you to purchase an upgrade. Since you have a previous license you can purchase EarMaster 6 for half the price of the regular full version. You can download an installation fi...
by Niclas
Aug 25, 2015 4:00 am
Topic: rhythm writing doesnt work how it's supposed to?
Views: 4866

Re: rhythm writing doesnt work how it's supposed to?

Hi Kai Thanks for making us aware of this. This is obviously a bug which we were unaware of. We have tested it and can confirm that it is a bug, which is also in our non-appstore version. It has been added to our list of bugs fixes, and it will be fixed in the next update, which should be released w...
by Niclas
Aug 14, 2015 3:16 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: stuck in Minor 3rd & Major 3rd - Harmonic (common tone)
Replies: 10
Views: 27071

Re: stuck in Minor 3rd & Major 3rd - Harmonic (common tone)

Maybe it will help to use songs to determine the intervals? I know that can be very helpful. We have an Interval song chart here:
http://www.earmaster.com/products/free- ... rator.html, that shows which famous songs are using the different intervals.

-Niclas
by Niclas
Aug 14, 2015 3:09 am
Topic: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes
Replies: 2
Views: 6721

Re: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

Hi

It has been added to our list of suggestions :)

Quick tip: Use the customized activity to make an exercise that focuses on the things that makes the standard exercises diffucult for you. This can be very helpful to overcome this.

-Niclas
by Niclas
Aug 10, 2015 2:46 am
Topic: EM6, Melodic sight-singing: new tones rarely used
Views: 7232

Re: EM6, Melodic sight-singing: new tones rarely used

Hi

This makes sense. The questions are generated randomly, so perhaps you were just unlucky getting very few with Fa. Is it better if you retake the lesson? You are probably right that there should be a few more questions with Fa. We will look into this.

-Niclas
by Niclas
Aug 10, 2015 2:42 am
Topic: EM6: Please ensure some variation in exercises
Views: 6243

Re: EM6: Please ensure some variation in exercises

Hi We are aware of this. However as you point out it is difficult to make more variations to an exercise that simple. We want to exercises to have a slow progression, so that everyone can participate through this progression. The variations should improve through the next few exercises already. -Nic...
by Niclas
Aug 10, 2015 2:32 am
Topic: "Automatic answer" options always greyed out
Replies: 3
Views: 8072

Re: "Automatic answer" options always greyed out

Hi there

These settings should become visible when you start an exercise?

-Niclas
by Niclas
Jul 09, 2015 4:21 am
Topic: Problème dû à la mise à jour.
Views: 7466

Re: Problème dû à la mise à jour.

Hi Mathieu

I am sorry to have to answer you in English. My French colleague is out of the office the next few days. There was a bug in the first version of the 6.2 update that caused that error. It should be fixed if you simply update it again. help->check for updates.

-Niclas
by Niclas
Jun 25, 2015 4:19 am
Topic: stuck in Minor 2nd & Major 2nd - Harmonic (common tone)
Replies: 7
Views: 14804

Re: stuck in Minor 2nd & Major 2nd - Harmonic (common tone)

Hi! 1) I am pretty sure that it should be restricted to the vocal range set in the user properties. Are you sure it is not? All the exercises should be. The only reason that this exercise might not be, is because you can't answer with you voice, and only the A and B button. 2) That one can be tricky...
by Niclas
Jun 23, 2015 4:51 am

Oh, my bad. You are right, that is not possible. However if you set the activity to play the interval descending, it will be the highest note first, and then that will be the comon note.

-Niclas
by Niclas
Jun 22, 2015 5:18 am
Topic: teaching to recognize a note, really basic skill
Views: 6290

Re: teaching to recognize a note, really basic skill

Hi Luigi Obviously she shouldn't give up or find another hobby if she enjoys singing, and she will overcome this minor 'speed bump' with practice. You can try to finetune EarMaster to help her with this. If you set the vocal range to the higher pitches, which you mentioned she is more comfortable wi...
by Niclas
Jun 22, 2015 5:05 am

Hi there

If you start the exercise as a customized activity, you can control all the settings, including the comon notes. This way you should be able to make the intermediate lesson that you are seeking.

-Niclas
by Niclas
Jun 22, 2015 4:54 am
Topic: Shortcuts for rhythmic dictation in OSX
Views: 6813

Re: Shortcuts for rhythmic dictation in OSX

Hi Thank you for pointing this out, and you are absolutely right. We are aware that it is not optimal to have the shortcuts on a numpad that most OSX users doesn't have. However we haven't found a good solution/alternative yet. It is improvement that definitely is on our list for an upcoming update....